Saturday 31 December 2011

Very Happy New Year! (I love living in the hills!)

I had a very low-key but very enjoyable new years celebration.
A day of pottering around, followed by an evening of Indian food and a trip to the outdoor cinema in Belgrave to watch Happy Feet Two. Then making it home just in time to watch the fireworks on telly.

BEST NYE EVER! WOO!

It had been a while since I had been to the Cameo, and even longer for Chris. We usually head to the major complex about half an hour away because Chris is a stickler for sound and image quality. But the old girl has come along in leaps and bounds since the days I used to slide down the carpeted stairs on my bum as a little girl. I think our visit last night and a quick peak inside the very new cinema 6&7 may have finally swayed Chris to think about going there more often. Yay!
Newly renovated rear of Cameo Cinema
Birds eye view of deck chair seating
This morning was also a great start to 2012. We had a bit of a late start so instead of showing up late for church we went in the opposite direction up the hill to Sassifrass. My sadness in finding the cafe I liked had changed hands was short lived when we realised it was now a cute little Parisian themed restaurant including a large selection of fresh Macaroons! Mmm... 2nd breakfast time it was!
Nom nom nom! Very cute vintage china too!
Then it was home to play a bit of Mario Cart on the Wii, and to take the first picture of Toffee for the year, this time wearing my glasses.
I'm sure she is totally impressed.
I hope your new year was all you wanted it to be, and remember you can make 2012 all you want it to be too!


No comments:

Post a Comment