Sunday 7 August 2011

Embracing My Crapness

Inspired by my gurrl Kiki's recent post about owning your crapness, I am going to reveal some things that usually I hide under my bed or more likely inside my over-sized headphones (that I wear because the buds hurt my ear-holes not because I'm "street").

- I literally smile when I hear a song by Hanson, The Beach Boys or Justin Timberlake
- I love to sing along (and try for the husky voice) to Cindi Lauper's "Time after time" and think about the rooftop dancing scene in Strictly Ballroom
- I consider pretty colours a legitimate reason for appreciating anything
- Almost all of these points are prompted by my iTunes on shuffle
- I loath Mac's ... I honestly try to at-least
- I do not think Inception was more than an alright film. Leo and Ellen Paige brought it up a bit but Joseph Gorden-Levitt's accent brought it crashing back down again (shame he has a nice face).
- I love watching bad (mostly Canadian) tween, coming of age, TV dramas
- I love wearing hand knitted clothing made by my mum
- I talk too much about my dog, especially referring to it as my child
- I have Hello Kitty undies because they make me feel like a kid again, not because the are in anyway sexy

... this could go on way too long and I'm sure there are allot more things that I didn't even know were crap. But that's not the point. The point is... I love being a "dag", a "nerd", loving The Big Bang Theory and having a serious discussion about the Marvel Universe and the original 1960's Batman movie over Church luncheon.

Because I think its one of the best Australian movies ever made, and Paul Mercurio is HAWAT!
In the words of a great man "I yam what I yam!"

No comments:

Post a Comment